Controlled-Life Plastic Technology
Packaging Personified Controlled-Life Plastic
Packaging Personified Controlled-Life Plastic will self-destruct in a short timeframe, emitting no heavy metals and only a negligible amount of CO2. Packaging Personified Controlled-Life Plastic has a shelf-life of between 18 and 24 months allowing for controlled self-destruction.
Oxygen and moisture are the catalysts for the breakdown of Packaging Personified Controlled-Life Plastic. The self-destruction process is accelerated when the plastic is submitted to temperature in excess of 86 degrees Fahrenheit and direct exposure to ultraviolet light. Once the self-destruction process is initiated, it will continue in shallow landfill, trees branches and on water.
The Advantages of Packaging Personified Controlled-Life Plastic
- Successfully tested for use on most commonly used loading equipment
- Laboratory tested and certified
- Finished products made with Controlled-Life Degradable plastics degrade in a predictable manner allowing use for intended applications
- Until it degrades it is just as strong as conventional plastic
- Can be made using existing machinery and work force, at minimal cost
- Safe for food contact
- Breaks down to little more than H2O and trace amounts of CO2
- Meets ASTM D6954-04 for Degradable Plastic
- Will not breakdown prematurely if stored under the required storage conditions*
* Required storage conditions: Temperature less than 86 degrees Fahrenheit and away from direct exposure to ultraviolet light.