TLC Environmental Initiative
The owners and employees of Packaging Personified are committed to manufacturing flexible packaging that meets our customers service and product performance requirements using environmentally conscious practices. To that end, we have initiated the TLC (True Life Cycle) Program as a strategic plan with the goal to be recognized as a leader in the flexible packaging industry with eco-efficient and eco-effective solutions.
Corporate Partner Responsibility
- Recycling: Corrugated and Plastic: Plastic waste associated with the manufacture of our product is recycled for use in unrelated products.
- Energy Conservation: We capture and redirect the heat generated from various manufacturing processes as a source to reduce electric energy demand. Retrofitting of facilities with high-efficient, environmental-friendly lighting is a significant portion of the goals of the Packaging Personified-TLC project. Alternate energy, including solar and wind, is to be evaluated for all new construction and is a significant portion of the goals of the Packaging Personified-TLC project.
- Sustainable Environment: In all new capital and supply purchases, alternate sustainable environmental-friendly products and solutions are included in the total project plan.
Customer Partner Responsibility
- Ink Management/Reduction: To better manage both quality and consumption we employ the use of viscosity management and ink volume control equipment at our printing stations. This equipment accurately measures the thickness of ink applied to each package reducing ink consumption compared to manually measuring ink viscosity.
- CONEG Standards: All materials used in our manufacturing process comply in all respects to the CONEG Model legislation package requirements for heavy metals. The goal of the Packaging Personified's TLC Initiative is to always be below recommended levels and eliminate all heavy metals used in the process.
- Source Reduction: We have developed, tested and made commercially available packaging materials (or shrink) that support the reduction of corrugated packaging materials and reduce the weight basis of previously existing plastic packaging materials used in the same application.
Packaging Personified is consistently evaluating eco-friendly and eco-effective solutions to our customers needs. We have developed and made available materials which can reduce the use of petrochemical based products, the energy used processing and subsequently reducing the carbon footprint of the overall package.